Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Hiding Place



photo courtesy of this site


Text:  Psalm 32:7 "You are my hiding place....."



Thoughts:


Everyone of us experience different troubles or situations in our lives. Most of the time, we think of a place to spend to...a place where there is less stress...less turmoil...less noise to unwind.


Have you noticed a child being scolded? They hide to a place  where they could cry or just hide and not wanting to hear their parents scolding them. Some kids hide under the table, others hide in the closet and others hide under the bed or just make a tent made of bedsheet and enjoy there being alone.


What's the purpose of a hiding place? It's where you could cry...its where you could just rest and not hear any noise...it's where you could find rest...its where you could just think of what to do next or do what you want to do (example: listen to music or just sleep or just rest.)


King David wrote of a good hiding place...something that protected him from trouble and something that surrounded him with songs of deliverance...its God's presence. He said, "You are my hiding place, you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of protection."


Are you in trouble right now? Having some problems? You don't know what to do? Why not make God's presence your hiding place. He will surely protect you from trouble and surround you with songs of deliverance.



Psalms 31:20 
In the shelter of your presence 
you hide them from the intrigues of men; 
in your dwelling you keep them safe 
from accusing tongue."


Psalm 17:8 
Keep me as the apple of your eye; 
hide me in the shadow of your wings.


Psalm 27:5 
For in the day of trouble
he will keep me safe in his dwelling; 
he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent 
and set me high upon a rock. 


Psalm 64: 2  
Hide me from  the conspiracy  of the wicked, 
from the plots of the evildoers.


Psalm 143:9 
Rescue me from my enemies, 
LORD, 
for I hide myself in you.

Make God your hiding place today and everyday, be safe and rest in him!



 Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am.


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.
If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....