Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Don't Always Do The Talking



Ecclesiastes 3:1 and 7b


"There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
...a time to be silent and a time to speak..."


Thoughts:

In my previous blogs, i've talked about : "Pray and Expect", "Always Pray And Never Give Up" and "Remembering Others In Prayer". 

Today, i would like to say something about "Don't Always Do The Talking"...in prayer! 

In prayer, we should not always do the talking. It involves listening. There's a time to speak and a time to listen. We listen to God by reading His word- The Bible. As you spend time in prayer, have some time to read God's word and meditate on it and ask God to speak to you through His word. 

How would you feel if the person you're talking to always do the talking and never gives you any chance to speak? Conversation is always a two-way-communication. In the same way, prayer is a two-way-communication. We talk to God by praying to Him and He talks to us when we read His words and by doing so, we find life, we receive favor from the Lord and if we fail to listen to Him, we harm ourselves.

Proverbs 8:34-36 say, " Blessed is the man who listens to me, watching daily at my doors, waiting at my doorway. For whoever finds me finds life and receives favor from the LORD. But whoever fails to find me harms himself; all who hate me love death."


You can also read my blog about God's word here.


Enjoy your prayer time the rest of this week. Remember, don't always do the talking! 



Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....