Saturday, May 4, 2013

Open Doors



photo courtesy of google.com



Text: Isaiah 22:22


I will place on his shoulder the key to the house of David, what he opens no one can shut and what he shuts no one can open.



Thoughts:


I believe in opportunities and seizing opportunities. I also believe that opportunities not grabbed are lost opportunities.


The bible is telling us that when God opens a door, no one can shut and what he shuts no one can open. If God has an open door for us and it’s really his will for us, that open door belongs to us and no one can shut it.


But although no one can shut that door for us, if we don’t enter or step into that door in the time-frame God has given us, when that door is shut by God, no one can open it.


Remember the ten virgins, they were given time to prepare for the coming of the bridegroom but five of them didn’t prepare ahead of time so when the bridegroom arrived, they were not there (they were still on their way to buy oil) and the door was shut for them. Although that parable is about the kingdom of God, we could relate that to an open door presented to us.  Those ten virgins were given time to prepare but the five foolish virgins didn’t prepare ahead of time, so when the opportunity for them to step into the open door to be with the bridegroom and join the wedding banquet, they weren’t there and the door was shut. The bridegroom didn’t even open the door for them even if they begged and shouted.


In my own life, I’ve lost open doors God has presented to me so this is a lesson I’ve learned. I hope you’ll heed it.


If you insist on stepping into that closed door, you might miss another open door for you in that  certain time of your life. I agree to what Alexander Graham Bell said, “When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.”


If you missed that open door God has presented to you, ask God for another open door and enter to it. Yes, what God opens, no one can shut and what he shuts no one can open and before God opens another one for you, prepare for it and then enter to it once it’s open. Don’t try to open a door that God has already shut for you. Just wait for another open door. God is the God of chances and he can open another door for you.



Prayer :


Lord, prepare me for the doors you are going to open for me. And when you open those doors, let me be ready to enter them and not miss them. Help me to be wise in every situation and do the things I need to do in preparation. Forgive me if I missed open doors you had for me. I ask for your grace and mercy to open a new door/ doors for me and grab every opportunity you are giving me. Thank you, Lord for your mercy and your grace and the great plans you have for my life.Let those great plans of yours be fulfilled in my life.


Copyright © 2013  by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 


2 comments:

  1. Hi, this post is very enlightening! Now, I have found the answer to my question :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for dropping by and read my blog.sorry i just read this comment and just published it today. hope everything is ok.God bless!

    ReplyDelete

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....