Thursday, February 14, 2013

Unfailing Love




photo courtesy of google.com



Isaiah 46:4
New Living Translation

I will be your God throughout your lifetime—

    until your hair is white with age.

I made you, and I will care for you.
    I will carry you along and save you.


Thoughts:


Wow! What a fascinating and encouraging promise. Every human being looks for unfailing love. Some people search for it in a wrong place, a wrong way but the TRUTH is, there is only one who can give us that unfailing love...and that is God. Can your husband or wife or boyfriend or girlfriend promise you that he or she will always be there throughout your lifetime? Even if he or she promises that, it's impossible because either you or he will die sooner or later.


We thank God for every relationship that we have. They are a blessing. But, if we will focus more on our relationships here on earth than our relationship with our Lord, then there's something wrong.


I John 4:19 NCV says, "We love because God first loved us." I love how The Message translates it. It says, "We, though, are going to love—love and be loved. First we were loved, now we love. He loved us first."


Isn't it amazing that the King of Kings..the Lord of Lords and the Creator of all things loves us and he just not loves us but he loves us with his unfailing love. King David understood this unfailing love of God. He said, "Surely your goodness and love will be with me all my life, and I will live in the house of the Lord forever"-Psalm 23:6 (NCV).


God's unfailing love causes him to forget all the sins we have done since our childhood days and from our everyday wrong doings as we ask forgiveness from him (but of course, it should not be an excuse for us to sin everyday). Psalm 25:7 NCV says, "Do not remember the sins and wrong things I did when I was young. But remember to love me always because you are good, Lord."


What is also fascinating about the unfailing love of God is...his unfailing love fills the earth. Psalm 33:5 says "He loves what is right and fair; the Lord’s love fills the earth." His love reaches to the heavens. Psalm  36:5 says, "Lord, your love reaches to the heavens, your loyalty to the skies." Can you measure the height of heaven from the earth? It's immeasurable. God's love has no limit.


God's unfailing love is also consistent. He doesn't just shows his love every valentine's day but he shows it every day. Psalm 42:8 "The Lord shows his true love every day. At night I have a song, and I pray to my living God."


And if you are feeling unloved today, remember, God loves you so much. You need to remind yourself everyday that God loves you. Yes, you can say it to yourself, "God loves me." Psalm 59:10 says "My God loves me, and he goes in front of me. He will help me defeat my enemies."


There are so much to talk about this unfailing love...God's unfailing love... but space is not enough to contain or describe it. 


We may be in love with someone else right now or someone may be in love with you or me right now but the unfailing love of God surpasses all those love and feelings. God's love for you and me is unfailing. His love is not just for valentine's day...his love is for everyday...for a lifetime!



Prayer


Lord, thank you for your unfailing love. Teach me to always focus on your unfailing love to me. Thank you that you first loved me. Make me more closer to you and always respond to your love. Thank you for precious love to me. In Jesus' name, Amen!



Copyright © 2013  by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 



1 comment:

  1. So true. The day is coming when all our ecstacies are with God and God alone. Only He can satisfy that leaves us wanting for more for all eternity. What a truly elating experience! It’s love in the highest form!!

    ReplyDelete

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....