Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Reminder





Text: 


Nehemiah 9:5b Blessed be your glorious name and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise.



Thoughts:



When you receive a promotion or a blessing or praise, is God's name exalted above all those or are you saying, "it's because of my diligence...it's because of my effort...it's because of my intelligence...it's because of my abilities...it's because of what I've done."?


The verse above says, "Blessed be your glorious name and may it be exalted above all blessing and praise."


Notice the words, "above all blessing and praise."


God deserves all the glory and praise. Everything we have accomplished He has done for us (Isaiah 26:12). 


Exodus 8:17-18 say, "You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your ancestors, as it is today."


We are what we are because of the grace of God. Paul said in I Corinthians 15:10, "But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them—yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me."


You are what you are now because of the grace of God. 


So, just a reminder to all of us, whatever blessing and praise we receive, let God's name be exalted. Not ours...not others' name but God's name alone. God deserves all the praise. God's name deserves to be exalted above all blessing and praise.


read a related blog:





Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am.


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. 
I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....