Friday, March 4, 2011

Do You Wanna Be Great?







As i celebrate my first year in blogging, i decided to research some quotes about greatness and post them here. May these quotes inspire you not just today but through out this year.



“I long to accomplish a great and noble task, 
but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks 
as though 
they were great and noble.”
 Helen Keller



"Be not afraid of greatness: 
some are born great, some achieve greatness, 
and some have greatness thrust upon them. "
William Shakespeare



"By constant self-discipline 
and self-control 
you can develop greatness of character."
 Grenville Kleiser
 
 
 
"Every day, people settle for less than they deserve. 
They are only partially living or at best living a partial life. 
Every human being has the potential for greatness."
 Bo Bennett



 
"Great heroes need great sorrows and burdens, 
or half their greatness goes unnoticed."
 Peter S. Beagle
 


 
"Greatness is not measured by what a man or woman accomplishes, 
but by the opposition he or she has overcome to reach his goals."
Dorothy Height
"I never knew a man come to greatness 
or eminence who lay abed late in the morning." 
Jonathan Swift

 
"If we cannot see the possibility of greatness, 
how can we dream it?" 
Lee Strasberg


 
"Just do what must be done. 
This may not be happiness, 
but it is greatness." 
George Bernard Shaw

 
"Yours, O LORD, is the greatness and the power 
and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, 
for everything in heaven and earth is yours. 
Yours, O LORD, is the kingdom; 
you are exalted as head over all."
I Chronicles 29:11



"What is more, I consider everything a loss 
compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, 
for whose sake I have lost all things. 
I consider them rubbish, that I may gain Christ."
Philippians 3:8
 
 
 
 
"Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; 
his greatness no one can fathom."
Psalm 145:3
 
 
"You give me your shield of victory, 
and your right hand sustains me; 
you stoop down to make me great."
Psalm 18:35




More great posts as i celebrate one year in blogging....one year and counting...


Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....