Friday, October 29, 2010

God Doesn't Need Our Suggestions

Text: Matthew 17: 1-5


"After six days Jesus took with him Peter, James and John the brother of James, and led them up a high mountain by themselves. There he was transfigured before them. His face shone like the sun, and his clothes became as white as the light. Just then there appeared before them Moses and Elijah, talking with Jesus. Peter said to Jesus, "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah." While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!""


Thoughts:

As i was reading these passages during my devotional time, It reminded me that  we should be humble enough to listen to God's word and do what He says and not insist on what we want to do.

Sometimes, people have the tendency to suggest things to God and insist on what they want to do rather than listening to God's word. Like Peter, after he had that great encounter of Jesus, he said , "Lord, it is good for us to be here. If you wish, I will put up three shelters—one for you, one for Moses and one for Elijah." 

Peter, along with John and James, saw  the transfiguration of Jesus. He wasn't reflective why he had that encounter. But his reaction was, he was suggesting that it was good for them to stay there and that he would put up three shelters-one for Jesus, one for Moses and one for Elijah. 

But God the Father rebuked him for that. Verse 5 said, "While he was still speaking, a bright cloud enveloped them, and a voice from the cloud said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!""

God doesn't need our suggestions...He wants us to listen to Jesus. He is the Word of God and whatever He says, that's the best idea that we need...that's the best thing to do.
 
John 1:1-4 said, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning.Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of men."


Some Passages To Meditate On:

Psalm 32:8
I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go; I will counsel you and watch over you.

Psalm 73:24
You guide me with your counsel, and afterward you will take me into glory.

Psalm 119:24
Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors.

Isaiah 28:29
All this also comes from the LORD Almighty, wonderful in counsel and magnificent in wisdom.

Isaiah 40:13
Who has understood the mind of the LORD, or instructed him as his counselor?

John 14:16
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever—

John 14:26
But the Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

You can also read Psalm 119 regarding the benefits of the word of God.


My other blogs regarding the word of God , just click these links:





Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....