Thursday, March 24, 2011

There's Something You Need To See While You're Still Alive



photographed and edited by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" Gadapan



Text: Psalm 27: 13 New Living Translation
"Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living."

Thoughts:


I believe you already tasted God's goodness. Everyone of us experienced it. But sometimes, when we have big problems and in deep sorrows, we tend to forget his goodness if we would just focus on how BIG that problem is. 


There are people committing suicide to end their lives and think that it would be the end of everything but it's actually the beginning of eternal pain in hell. Others are asking God to take away their lives so that they would not experience problems anymore but experience heaven where there is no more pain, no more sickness, no more sadness, no more problems, no more worries, no more tears and no more fears. 


Yes, everyone of wants to taste heaven. Heaven is a place for everlasting joy, peace and good life and God wants us to be there someday. But God wants us to taste and see His goodness while we are still on earth...that, in spite of what we are going through, we will see victory, joy, success, honor and praise Him for every good thing He has done for us.

In the text above, David was confident that he would see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. That is so encouraging. He didn't say, "I am still confident that i will see the goodness of the Lord when i go to heaven." If you're going to read the whole chapter, David was talking about evil men advancing against him to devour his flesh, there were oppressors, false witnesses rising up against him, breathing out violence...but he was confident that he would taste and see God's goodness while he was still alive...and he experienced it.


Are you lacking confidence that you would see God's goodness while you are still alive? Are you just seeing the BIG problems, troubles, lost or tragedy now and do not see the goodness of the Lord?


Don't give up my friend. Open your eyes and look around you and see the beauty of life. You need to see God's goodness in your bad situation right now and be confident that you will see the goodness of the Lord while you're still alive. 
Psalm 34:8 says, "Taste and see that the Lord is good."



Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am...




Note: These are my own thoughts.  
If in case you would like to post my own writings/poems/devotional thoughts/insights to your own blogs or use them in any way, please ask permission from me first or at least give credit that it came from me. 
 Thank you so much:)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....