Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Life Is A Journey With God




Text: Exodus 40: 36-38  


"In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted. So the cloud of the LORD was over the tabernacle by day, and fire was in the cloud by night, in the sight of all the house of Israel during all their travels."



Thoughts:


Sometimes, we have our plans of going here and there...doing this or that, but have we considered God's word and his presence in our  life's journey?


On the verse above, it says, "In all the travels of the Israelites, whenever the cloud lifted from above the tabernacle, they would set out; but if the cloud did not lift, they did not set out—until the day it lifted."


Notice the words "In all the travels of Israelites..." 


It reminds me of the song "I Dont  Wanna Go Somewhere" by Avalon. In that song, it says, "

I don't want to go somewhere
If I know that You're not there,
'Cause I know that me without You is a lie.
And I don't want to walk that road,
Be a million miles from home,
Cause my heart needs to be where You are.
So I don't want to go.


Journeying with God is really amazing. I'm not perfect in following Him...sometimes I also fail to listen or do what he exactly wants me to do...but everyday, my desire is to do what He desires for me to do. I'm not perfect  and there's no perfect person in this world but even in those imperfections, God is there to help us. When we get tired or weary or stumble or fall to reach our destiny, if we would allow Him to journey with us, He would strengthen us and usher us into our destiny. 


Sometimes on the road we travel, there are "under construction" signs. Our life sometimes may also be under construction but when we allow  God-the engineer of the road we travel on fix all those under constructions, our travel would be smooth and guided.


And as His sheep,  if we would allow him to lead us to the right way, even if there would be rocky roads or big mountains to travel on, we would have the courage and determination to carry on.


Where are you now in your life's journey? Does God want you to stay where you are right now or does he want you to set out? God knows there is a shorter way for you to reach your destiny but He won't lead you on that road because that road might have some battles that might cause you to change your mind and return to your past (see Exodus 13:17-18).


Journey with God...ask Him to direct your path...don't go ahead of Him...stay close with Him everyday...for life is an everyday journey with Him.


Have a safe and enjoyable journey to your God-given destiny, my friend.


Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am...

All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.
If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....