Yeah...i know...Harry Potter movie is now showing. Our company even reserved some theaters' slots for the whole company to watch it for free...only we have to do is to register and then watch it in a certain time but i don't care...i didn't register and I'm not interested. I'm not a fan of Harry Potter...not even the movies...not even Harry Potter books.
Why am i not a fan? Because i'm a fan of the Bible and i want to follow God in his precepts. I don't care if people would say that i'm not updated with this movie.... what i care about is its influence in my spiritual life.
I saw a tv magazine program featuring Harry Potter's popularity and the host said that Harry Potter movies made the witches and wizards' reputation good and the tv host said that it's the reason why there are street magicians who form organizations to promote magic. That is so sad.
I said that i'm not a fan of Harry Potter (whether its movies or books) because i'm a fan of the Bible. What does the Bible tell about witchcraft and casting spells?
Deuteronomy 18:10-14 (New International Version)
"Let no one be found among you who sacrifices their son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who is a medium or spiritist or who consults the dead. Anyone who does these things is detestable to the LORD; because of these same detestable practices the LORD your God will drive out those nations before you. You must be blameless before the LORD your God.The nations you will dispossess listen to those who practice sorcery or divination. But as for you, the LORD your God has not permitted you to do so."
Application to our lives:
Watching this kind of movie is detestable before God. Its a movie that engages in witchcraft and casting spells. Ever since the first movie was produced and even the books were published, i didn't take time to watch or read them.
When you watch this movie or even read Harry Potter books, you are exposing yourself to satanic activities.
I had a book review of Lies Young Women Believe And The Truth That Sets Them Free and i would like to quote here once again what it says about being exposed to satanic activities:
"If you ever looked at or read your horoscope, participated in psychic activities, had your palm read, played a video game or watched a movie that portrayed demonic forces or witchcraft in a positive way, read popular books about witches, sorcerers and other occult characters, practice yoga, then, you've been exposed to satanic activities." That was written in reference to the verses above.
Do you really love the Lord and His Word? Then follow Him...follow his words. Don't expose yourself to this kind of movie which is detestable to God...a movie that glorifies witchcraft and casting spells.
Are you a fan of Harry Potter? Be a fan of the Bible instead...follow God and his words.
Some Bible verses to read:
Some Bible verses to read:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:21-22—“Test everything. Hold on to the good. Avoid every kind of evil.”
- James 1:27—“keep oneself from being polluted by the world”
- 3 John 1:11—“do not imitate what is evil”
- Romans 12:9—“abhor what is evil. Cling to what is good.”
- Deuteronomy 18:9-14—do not learn to imitate detestable ways, including spiritists, sorcerers and witchcraft
- Ephesians 5:11-12—“Have nothing to do with the fruitless deeds of darkness” / “live as children of light”
- 1 Timothy 4:1—don’t “follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons”
- 2 Corinthians 6:14-17—“what fellowship can light have with darkness?”
- Philippians 4:8—think about pure, lovely, noble things
- 1 Corinthians 11:1—“follow the example of Christ”
- 1 Corinthians 10:31—“whatever you do, do everything for the glory of God”
- James 4:7-8—submit yourselves to God / resist the devil / purify your hearts
- Ezekiel 44:23—“…teach my people… to distinguish between the unclean and the clean.”
- Proverbs 22:6—“train a child in the way he should go”
- Matthew 18:6—“if anyone causes one of these little ones who believe in me to sin…”
- Hosea 4:6—“My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge.”
- John 3:19-20—people love darkness instead of light
- Romans 13:12—“put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
- Ephesians 6:11-18—“take your stand against the devil’s schemes.”
Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.