Sunday, April 25, 2010

Standing Still While Men Were Sitting


Funny,i was standing still while men were sitting on their seats when i rode the MRT yesterday. Well, this scene is not unusual anymore.We're living in a generation  where gentlemen are rare to find.

Imagine, i was facing three men who were sitting pretty...whose eyes avoided to meet mine..as if i was invisible there. I stood from  Taft Edsa station to Santolan.

I tried to look as if my bag was very heavy (but it was really heavy) and tried to see their reaction but they didn't notice me. Or maybe,they really ignored my "suffering" as if there was no woman there. Maybe, if i looked like Marianne Rivera or my body was like that of Carmen Electra they would have initiated offering a seat for me...but haven't they noticed that i have lips like that of Angelina's (Angelina Jolie)?...hehehe.

Hmmm...gentlemen are rare to find nowadays...i thought. I also would have thought that i would stop at my destination without sitting even for a few minutes but thank God (i sighed), there was still a gentleman there. He was also standing behind me and he offered a seat who was already available for him that time.

I could say, "when women are trying hard to stand still, there's still at least one man who would offer a seat and be as gentleman as he could be."

Come on gentlemen, when you see us women standing in MRT or in the bus and you're sitting pretty on your seats, don't ignore us...offer your seat and be a man enough to do good and "stand still."

Galatians 6:9-10 (The Message Translation) "So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all..."


Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....