Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Need Some Love?


Psalm 17:6-8 

"I call on you, O God, for you will answer me; give ear to me and hear my prayer. Show the wonder of your great love, you who save by your right hand  those who take refuge in you from their foes. Keep me as the apple of your eye; hide me in the shadow of your wings."

Thoughts: I was fascinated with these verses during my morning devotion today especially the words "show the wonder of your great love" and "keep me as the apple of your eye."

Have you come to God in prayer like that, asking God to show you the wonder of his great love and to keep you as the apple of his eye? Most of the times maybe, when you come to God in prayer, you have forgotten to ask Him to show his love to you. Maybe sometimes you're busy asking him for blessings, promotions, your needs and everything that bothers you but these verses remind us to come to God and ask him to show his great love. David was the one who wrote that prayer and as you read the whole chapter, you would see that in that prayer, he was also praying that God would hide him in the shadow of his wings from his mortal enemies who surrounded him (see verse 9). I was thinking, maybe during that time, there was also some fear in David's heart and he knew that it is God's love that would make him more confident in facing his enemies...it is only God's love that would make him secure.

Yes, God's love will make us secure. Right now, maybe you feel insecure about your future...ask God to show his great love for you...He loves you so much and he has already shown his love to us when he sent his only begotten son Jesus Christ to die for us on the cross for our salvation (John 3:16). And dont worry about your future, just come to God because he knows the plans he has for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future (Jeremiah 29:11).

Or maybe, you are insecure right now, because you're still single and you don't have somebody who would give you roses or show his love to you. Don't be insecure...dont worry. While waiting for the right person, enjoy God's love. You can't just force people to love you in order for you to be in a relationship and entering into a wrong relationship for the sake of having a relationship would just ruin your future.Girls, men won't complete you...and guys, girls won't complete you either. God is the one who will complete you and you are complete in God's love.

1 John 3:1 says, "How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him."

Have you already opened your heart and received him in your heart and allowed him to show his love to you? If not, why not do it today?

If there is someone who is so excited about you...if there is someone who wants to spend time with you the most, that someone is God. He is whispering to our hearts, "seek my face" (Psalm 27:8).

Some verses about God's love:

Psalm 36:7 "How priceless is your unfailing love! Both high and low among men find refuge in the shadow of your wings."

Psalm 57:10 "For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies."
 
Psalm 63:3 "Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you."

Psalm 69:13  "But I pray to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor; in your great love, O God, answer me with your sure salvation."

Psalm 69:16 "Answer me, O LORD, out of the goodness of your love; in your great mercy turn to me."

Psalm 86:5 "You are forgiving and good, O Lord, abounding in love to all who call to you."

Psalm 86:13 "For great is your love toward me; you have delivered me from the depths of the grave."

Psalm 86:15 " But you, O Lord, are a compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness."

Psalm 89:24 "My faithful love will be with him, and through my name his horn will be exalted."

Psalm 89:33 "but I will not take my love from him, nor will I ever betray my faithfulness."

Psalm 90: 14 "Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days."
 
Psalm 94:18 "When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me."
 
Psalm 100:5 "For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations."
 
Psalm 103:4 "who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion,"
 
Psalm 103:11 "For as high as the heavens are above the earth, so great is his love for those who fear him;"
 
Psalm 103: 17 "But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD's love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children's children-"

Psalm 108:4 "For great is your love, higher than the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies."

PSalm 117:2 "For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the LORD endures forever. Praise the LORD."

Wow...these are only few verses pertaining to God's love...there are still many. But as i typed them here, it makes me realize more that God's love is so great. His love is sooooooo great!

I believe what you really need today is God's love. Ask God to show you his great love everyday and read your Bible and you will see more verses regarding his love. You can also go to biblegateway.com and on the keyword search, type "love" and you will read there more verses about God's love.

God loves you so much!

Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Facing 2023

How did you say googbye to 2022 and how did you face 2023? Here's how i ended my 2022 and welcomed the new year. Watch the video below.....