Tuesday, July 19, 2011

So, You Think You Can Blog?- A Reflection




This was the teaser of FEBC when bloggers were invited to have fellowship with one another.


I responded to that invitation but i thought i wouldn't be able to attend because a few days before the fellowship, I was on-leave at work because I was sick and underwent some lab tests and even when i attended the fellowship, i felt i still wasn't ok but i still attended because i felt i needed that fellowship.


Part of the fellowship was sharing time. Ptr Efren Pallorina, FEBC Corporate Communications and Resource Development Group Officer asked us these questions: 1) What are you passionate about? 2) What compels you to blog? 3) What are the things that hinder you from blogging and what drives you to overcome them? 


Ptr  Efren Pallorina (FEBC)

Those questions still lingered in my mind when i arrived home and before i slept.I thought, maybe because when i shared about my blogs in front of my co-bloggers, i felt my thoughts were scattered that time because i wasn't feeling well and i haven't answered all those questions. But the main reason why those questions lingered in my mind was because those questions had some impact on my life. I believe i had to answer those questions to know why I'm part of the "bloggers' world"...why I'm spending my time posting my blogs when i have a lot of things to do aside from it. When i reflected on those questions, they gave me reasons to continue to blog. So allow me to share the detailed answers to all those questions here.



What Am I Passionate About?


I'm passionate about my relationship with God. What i have learned from His word, i wanna share it to the whole world. The call is there to tell the world about the WORD...this is my passion...this is my mission. Even when i go back to the full-time ministry again, i believe that God will still use me to blog about Him. 



What Compels Me To Blog?


I'm always believing that there is someone online who needs encouragement from the word of God or at least from a christian perspective and there's someone who needs the planting of the seed - the Word of God. It could be you who are now reading this blog or another person who hasn't known our Lord Jesus Christ yet as his/ her personal Lord and Savior.

 
with other christian bloggers

Yes, there are already other christian bloggers who blog about God's word or share devotional thoughts but i believe we have a lot of things to learn from the word of God shared by those who study the word of God and spend time in reading it. Just like in the Bible, Peter wrote differently from Paul, Paul wrote differently from Luke, Luke wrote differently from David and David wrote differently from Solomon. This is why i believe that my blogs could also touch people's lives even if there are so many bloggers out there who are already blogging about the word of God. And I'm talking about "style" here. What's your style in blogging or writing ? Allow God to use it and that's what I'm doing right now.
  

Also, I'm compelled to blog because i know that even to some Christians, the word of God is not popular anymore or they would say, "it's no longer relevant or applicable in this generation." I've heard that there are even some Pastors here and abroad who are no longer preaching the word of God because they may not catch people's attention if they talk about the word of God or they may not attract people to come to God when they talk about the word of God so they just use some stories, even read reader's digest in the pulpit and other motivational materials (except the word of God) to motivate people and so as not to "offend" people by the Word of God.


That is so sad. For me, the word of God is very relevant in this generation and everyone needs it.


I'm very much encouraged with what Paul said in Romans 1:16-17, "For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God that brings salvation to everyone who believes: first to the Jew, then to the Gentile. For in the gospel the righteousness of God is revealed—a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,just as it is written: “The righteous will live by faith.”


Hebrews 4:12 NLT says, "For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires" 



What Are The Hindrances For Me To Blog And What Drives Me To Overcome Them?


Sometimes, thoughts come to my mind, "Will someone really benefit from this?" But i just hold on this promise in Isaiah 55:10-11: "As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it  without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it"


Another thing is, i have shifting schedules in the call center where i work, and if i blog everyday, it would affect my sleep and work. But what i do is, i re-post some of my old blogs on my facebook and i put a label here that's called "Today's Verses/ Quotes" to save time in posting a long blog and i do them because i don't wanna miss sharing those things because i know that someone's heart would be touched.



So, Do I Think I Can Blog?


It's not about me...it's about God's grace in my life. This is what I've learned in life,i may be able to write or blog or speak but if God's anointing is not there, it's nothing...it's futile...it doesn't have an impact. And if I'm not called to do it, it's like making myself a pan instead of enjoying my calling to be a stove. And deep in my heart, something cries out not just to speak but to write or blog about God and i can say that by God's grace, i can blog.






What About You, Do You Think You Can Blog?


Go ahead...start blogging now...but don't forget to acknowledge the source of your talent, God. Blog with a vision...blog with a mission...blog with passion...and may God be glorified in your blogs. Remember, it's not about you...it's about God in you.

God deserves all the glory! 



Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting your reflections--food for thought! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blog not just because I know someone out there needs encouragement, I blog because I want others to be reminded that this world is beginning to lose it's morals, I know that I am just but a small voice, but at least, somewhere somehow someone will hear me and say "yeah, i almost forgot about that" :) continue using what God has given you :)

    ReplyDelete

No Good Thing

Text: Psalm 16:2 I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord, apart from you, I have no good thing. King David was a successf...