Monday, July 25, 2011

GATE PASS








One day before my birthday (June 12), we were about to go on swimming at H2O Hotel (near the Manila Ocean Park). But since it was Philippine Independence Day celebration, the security was very strict that time. Only VIPs with gate passes were allowed to park their cars near the Manila Ocean Park (it was near Quirino grandstand where President Noynoy Aquino was going to speak that time and the event organizers issued gate passes for government officials that time for security purposes and only those who had them could park there). 


That time, my sister's car was parked near Roxas Boulevard and we wanted to park it near H2O Hotel but since we didn't have the gate pass for VIPs we were not allowed to park there.


I and my other sister tried to speak to the people who were in-charge of the security. We asked them to allow us to park near the hotel because our nieces were with us. I told them, "Sige na po, pa-birthday nyo na sa akin, tomorrow is my birthday and we are celebrating it today." But still, we were not allowed to enter that vicinity. We were told that we could park the car near Kalaw but not there. We could, if we had the gate pass.


We also told them that our brother is a government official but we couldn't show a gate pass that they had issued for independence day. Sad to say, we were not aware that there was a celebration that time because it was Sunday and we didn't even know if my brother was there that time for we seldom see each other.


Anyway, to make the story short, we cancelled our plan of swimming that day because we couldn't park near H2O Hotel (just because we didn't have a gate pass which was only required that day due to the Independence Day Celebration.)


I was a little bit sad because i wanted to be at H2O Hotel that day after we attended the church's Sunday service. The entrance was free because i was given a freebie for it and i thought it was a good place to celebrate my birthday in advance but my wish wasn't granted.


While we were in the car, i couldn't move on...i was insisting to my sister to just park near Kalaw and we would just walk to go to the Hotel so that we could go on swimming but since she is the mom of my three nieces and she was thinking of our security, she won and of course she won because she owns the car. I couldn't do something about it. 


But God reminded me something on that day. It was about the "gate pass".


Here are the reminders i got that day: 


Reminder 1: If it was hard to go to a place without a gate pass, how much more to enter Heaven without the "gate pass" and that is our Lord Jesus Christ.


Jesus said in John 10:9-10, "I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved.They will come in and go out, and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."


I was thinking that time, "What if that was already heaven and we were not allowed to enter because we didn't have Jesus in our hearts...that would be very agonizing...but thank God it was only a gate pass in order to park near the H2O Hotel. And thank God because we have Jesus in our hearts and we have the "gate pass" to heaven."


Reminder 2:  Whatever your status in life, even if you have a relative who is a VIP or if you have a car or if you are celebrating your birthday on that day or if you are just good, that doesn't guarantee you to go to heaven if you don't have Jesus Christ in your life. 


Remember the story of Lazarus and the rich man. Luke 16:25-29 say:


“But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’ “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’“Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’


Ephesians 2:8-9 say, "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—not by works, so that no one can boast."


John 14:6 says, Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."


Jesus is the only way to Heaven...there is no other way. He is our "gate pass" to heaven.


Do you have this important "gate pass" in your life? It's not too late. Come to our Lord Jesus Christ now and ask Him to come into your life, ask Him to be your personal Lord and Savior and follow His commands.



Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am.


These are my own thoughts. If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.Thank you! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Good Thing

Text: Psalm 16:2 I said to the Lord, "You are my Lord, apart from you, I have no good thing. King David was a successf...