Sunday, May 29, 2011

Two Years Without A Dad





Yesterday was my father's second year death anniversary. Time flies so fast.

Our family went to the church yesterday, attended the service and visited my father's urn at our church's columbarium. On the way to church at around 6pm, while passing by the hospital where my father died, i still remembered two years ago, during that hour, our family and some relatives were gathered in a hospital room where my father was dying

It's been two years now that we don't have a father. Sometimes, i have dreams of him as if he is still alive. I miss him but i know he is now happy in heaven. How did i know that he is in heaven? Because before he died, he accepted the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Lord and Savior and surrendered his life to him and the bible says that those who believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16).

By June 19th, he will be celebrating his birthday and it's another birthday celebration in heaven. I'm wondering if birthdays are being celebrated in heaven. But all i know is that, life in heaven is really "heaven". So, I'm sure that my father is very happy there.

Two years without a dad...it's incomplete because our family now is incomplete and yet, on the other hand, I'm very complete because i have a Heavenly Father who is always there for me....the Father of all fathers. Thank you, my heavenly Father for taking care of our family and thank you, Father, because our earthly father is already in your hands.

To my earthly father, we will always remember you...you are always in our hearts. We love you. See you again....but not too soon.


Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Past Achievements Versus Present Challenges

Text: 1 Samuel 17: 32-51 New Living Translations 32  “Don’t worry about this Philistine,” David told Saul. “I’ll go fight him!” 33  “D...