Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Place For A Broken Heart


photo from this site.



Yesterday night, i watched American Idol and one of the songs that was sang by one of the contestants was "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?".


I posted something on my Facebook wall and my message goes like this : "Where do broken hearts go? Will they find their way home? Back to the open arms of the love that's waiting there for you..." I added on that post: " I got carried away by that song that was sang by an American idol contestant...but I'm not broken-hearted though....I'm just romantically "loveless" this time...but I'm happy:)." 


While thinking of that song a little bit before i went to sleep, an idea came for a blog post which you are now reading.


So, have you been brokenhearted? Could you answer that song title, "Where Do Broken Hearts Go?" Where did you go when your heart was broken? Or maybe, you're broken-hearted right now...what will you do to your broken heart?


I myself experienced being broken-hearted a few years ago. It took me a few months to be emotionally healed from that experience. I learned a lot of things from it but I'll just share two points to summarize some of the lessons I've learned from it. And here are the two points:


1) When Your Heart Is Broken, You Should Go To God's Open Arms....His Presence. 


I agree to the lyrics of the song, "back to the open arms of the love that's waiting there for you..." but i would not relate it to human love but to God's love. He alone can heal your heart's wound. 


Psalm 147:3 (NIV)  says:
   He heals the brokenhearted
   and binds up their wounds. 


I like what Amplified Translation says :
  He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds [curing their pains and their
  sorrows]


Yes, God is there to heal your broken heart and cure all your pains and sorrows. Don't jump into another human relationship too soon. Allow God to make your heart whole again.


2) If You're Ready To Love Again, Open Your Heart And Give That Love A Chance And Be Happy.


Your previous relationship that caused your broken heart should not be your basis that you might have a broken heart again. People are different. Yes, it's true that when you love someone, you are opening yourself to be hurt but on the other hand, I believe that there's someone who could offer you the love that you deserve. And in that love, make it a love triangle between you, God and that someone special.


I like the advice of an author friend Kevin Sanders in his book, "Learning The Hard Way (True Stories of Heartbreak, Healing and Hope)". He said, "You've been through some hurtful experiences. Keep your faith in God and don't give up on love." (page 70).


Yes, keep your faith in God and allow him to work in your heart and don't give up on love.


God loves you so much. He has something in store for you. Keep on loving Him and keep on loving.


Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am...


Note: These are my own thoughts. If in case you would like to post my own writings/poems/devotional thoughts/insights to your own blogs or use them in any way, please ask permission from me first or at least give credit that it came from me. Thank you so much:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

I've Witnessed The Witness

photo courtesy of Cathedral Of Praise (A Review And A Reflection  of The Witness Musicale Play) The Witness is a youth...