Friday, March 18, 2011

The Big Brother



photo from this site.


Text: Mark 3:35 


"Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."


Thoughts: 


As Christians, we all know Jesus to be our personal Lord and Savior but sometimes, we forget that He is also our BIG BROTHER.


A big brother is very important in our lives. A big brother is the one who fights for us when a person wants to bully us.


I have three older brothers and a half brother, so, all in all, i have four. One of them is a retired coronel, a PMA (Philippine Military Academy) graduate and as of this writing, he is a Deputy General in one of the government agencies here in the Philippines. Having a brother like him makes me feel secure because of his status in life and so with my other brothers...they are all strong, real men and could fight a person who would attempt to do bad things against me or our family.


I know you also feel the same way with your brothers. And you feel secure whenever you travel at night with a big brother....how much more having a big brother whose name is Jesus Christ...our Lord and Savior?


He is always there to protect us...to love us...to care for us...
He is always there whenever we are in trouble...
He is there to fight our enemies...
He is always there to go with us wherever we go....
He is our great encourager...
He is our comfort...
He knows what we are going through...
and He is there to listen and to reach out to us...
He is always there to provide our needs...


Have you tried going to your brother when you are in need and he wasn't able to help you? It happens sometimes, right? But our Big Brother Jesus is always there to meet all our needs according to His riches in glory.


Our BIG BROTHER Jesus is everything we long for...for a big brother. He is not only our Lord and Savior but He is also our BIG BROTHER!


So, be encouraged, my friend...you have a BIG BROTHER who is always there!


Copyright © 2011 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)
By the grace of God I am what I am...


All  devotional thoughts on this site are my own writings. I've learned them during my personal devotional time.
If in case u want to use this material, please ask permission from me first or at least, acknowledge that i wrote it and it came from this site.
Thank you! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaders and Pastors' Conference

Are you a Pastor,  church leader or a church member who needs more of God's word and presence? Are you sick or do you have family me...