Thursday, December 16, 2010

"Have You Visited Jesus Lately?"


Cake Photo Courtesy of The Edge Media

Have you visited Jesus lately? If i could remember it right, that was the title of a sermon of Ptr Ed Lapiz that i happened to listen to from DZAS radio. His sermon was focused on Matthew 25:35-40. 

Now, allow me to borrow that title and some of his thoughts from that sermon.

Have you visited Jesus lately?

Matthew 25:35-49

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, 
I was a stranger and you invited me in,  
I needed clothes and you clothed me, 
I was sick and you looked after me, 
I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 
“Then the righteous will answer him,
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, 
or thirsty and give you something to drink?  
When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, 
or needing clothes and clothe you?  
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 
“The King will reply, 
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’


If i were to be asked that question in the context of that passage, i would answer, yes...i visited Jesus lately...and that was yesterday...that visitation really touched my heart and tears flowed from my eyes.

Yesterday was a touching experience for me. After my work (my call center work schedule yesterday was from midnight up to 10 am) , i proceeded to Child Haus located in Quezon City to catch up with The Edge Media Ministry to visit the kids there with cancer and different sicknesses and make a difference in their lives.

We ministered to them, gave gifts, old toys and clothes donated by different people, fed them and made them happy.  We were there until past 3pm. That project was headed by Ms Joyce Burton-Titular and her husband Mr Ron Titular (of the Edge Media Ministry) and it was called "First Day of Christmas".

The Edge Media Ministry is an extension of my volunteering work as a woman with a mission (aside from my ministry in our church). I started to know them when i volunteered to their ministry as they visited the old people at a home for the aged on Valentine's day in 2009.

Going back to what i was sharing, yesterday's visit to Child Haus with The Edge Media Ministry was so touching.

I met a mother whose child was operated from hydrocephalus but the head is not  on its normal size yet. I prayed for the child and as i was praying for her, tears began to flow from my eyes. For one reason, i was believing for her healing because there is no impossible with God...if Jesus healed the men with leprosy, i believe that Jesus can heal that child too. I was also touched because God gave me that opportunity to touch that kid as an extension of God's love for her. The mother was teary-eyed while we were praying but after our prayer, i could sense in her that hope sprang up from within her and she began to smile and asked me to continue to pray for her child in my personal prayer time.

 
The mother was smiling after we prayed
I also met a young mother with her child who has abnormality on the face. Seeing that child also made my heart so tender while laying my hands on him and i felt like it was as if God was speaking to my heart and thanking me for giving my time to visit his precious child there. It made me thank God in return that even if I don't have an extravagant life, God still made my life normal that i could reach out to these kinds of people and be a blessing by praying for them and sharing the love of God to them.

from left to right: a 22-yr-old mother, her kid and me
I also met this young father whose kid's heart has a hole in it. I asked him if i could pray for his daughter and he said, yes. I've noticed that after we prayed, he was also teary-eyed. I said to him, "there's hope in Jesus and there's no impossible with God." And he agreed to that . I've also noticed that he was also joyful because of the gift that he received for his daughter and later that day, he was also thankful because he was able to choose from the clothes and toys that the donors gave to that project.

a young father with his kid who has a hole in her heart
These were just some of the experiences i had interacting with them but i was also touched by the hearts of the other volunteers there.

Like Cathy, a friend of Owie who took a leave from their business just for her to go there and volunteer and also gave medicines for the kids. From my observation, she came from a well-off family but she didn't mind preparing the food for the people there and helping in her own special way.

Cathy and Owie

I was also touched by Sam who is a only a kid who went there with her relatives, bought rare animals there just for the kids to see and touch.That act of kindness made a difference in the hearts of the kids there.

from left: Sam's cousin and Sam with their dogs
Sam and her cousin helping us with food preparation
Sam and her cousins also helped us in preparing the juices for the kids and volunteers who were there.

There were also celebrities and other organizations who came that made a difference in the lives of the kids there.

There was Isabella de Leon (a.k.a Duday of Daddy Di Do Du, a Filipino sitcom aired on GMA Network before). She sang some Christian and Christmas songs to minister to the kids and mingled with them too.

Isabella de Leon singing

Courtesy of Owie's Tagged Photos
Jude Matthew Servilla, "Birit Baby 2009" of Eat Bulaga was also there who sang Christmas and Christian songs to minister to the kids

Jude Matthew Servilla singing with the kids
I believe there were still a lot of great experiences from different volunteers who gave their time to visit there. 

And i believe that they were also blessed giving their time to the kids yesterday.

I salute Ms Joyce Burton-Titular and her husband, Mr Ron Titular  who headed this project that  really touched not only the kids and the parents but also the donors and the volunteers.

Most of all, i believe Jesus was also touched because of that. Let me post here again the passage above,

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat,
I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, 
I was a stranger and you invited me in,  
I needed clothes and you clothed me, 
I was sick and you looked after me, 
I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 
“Then the righteous will answer him,
‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, 
or thirsty and give you something to drink?  
When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, 
or needing clothes and clothe you?  
When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 
“The King will reply, 
Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
-Matthew 25:35-49


Have you visited Jesus lately? If you haven't done it yet, i encourage you to do so. This Christmas season, touch Jesus' heart by giving food to the hungry, by giving something to drink to those who are thirsty, by reaching out to people whom you don't know, by giving clothes to those who need them, by looking after the sick, by visiting people who are in prison.. for whatever you do for them, you do it for Jesus.

You can also read my other related blog here.
You can view other photos in this event by clicking here.


Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.
(I put "copyright" on my every post because this is my blog site, it's like my signature on my every post.)

1 comment:

  1. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work
    text god fabian de rossi pdf

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails