Sunday, June 13, 2010

God Has Been Good (Thank God For Another Year Added To My Life)



Yesterday was Philippine's 112th Independence Day. Every time the independence day is being celebrated, i look forward to another day after it because the day  is a special day for me. As i looked at a birth certificate yesterday, i realized that four hours after the 76th Philippine's Independence Day, a baby was born and guess who that baby was....that was me. I was born at 4:00 am after the 76th Philippine's Independence Day. Sayang, i waited for four hours pa before i finally saw the world. Anyway, God ordained that i would be born on June 13, not June 12. 

Psalm 139:13-16 (The Message Translations) said: 

  Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out;
      you formed me in my mother's womb.
   I thank you, High God—you're breathtaking!
      Body and soul, I am marvelously made!
      I worship in adoration—what a creation!
   You know me inside and out,
      you know every bone in my body;
   You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit,
      how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
   Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth;
      all the stages of my life were spread out before you,
   The days of my life all prepared
      before I'd even lived one day.


What a wonderful verse! Maybe God wanted my birthday to be special, not just being passed by because if it was June 12, yes ,if it was June 12, it would be celebrated by every Filipino but it would just be celebrated as Philippine's Independence Day not really my birthday...but of course to those who were born on June 12, you are also special. I know a sister's friend who was born on June 12 and she was named as "Pilipinas " and her nickname is "Peanut".  Hmmm...maybe if  i was born on June 12, my parents would have thought of naming me "Pilipinas" as well or the worst, "Gabriela Rizaliana Pilipinas". hehehe. Thank God i was born on June 13 and i was named by my eldest sister as Mary Ann Rose (originally, it was really Mary Ann Rose but then what was registered on my birth certificate was spelled as Mari Ann Rose. I used Mary Ann Rose from kinder to 4th year high school and when i reached college, i just realized that what was really on my birth certificate was Mari Ann Rose so i submitted an affidavit that Mary Ann Rose and Mari Ann Rose are the same person. After that, i used Mari Ann Rose. Maybe that was the reason why my teacher in grade 1 always told me, your name is Mari Ann Rose not Mary Ann Rose and i always replied to her, "no ma'am, my name is spelled as Mary Ann Rose, that was the name given to me by my sister. She was right, if i followed her the first time , there would be no hassle for me in  working out the changes in all my records ).

Anyway, going back to my birthday, i just want to thank God for being so good to me. One of my favorite song is "God's Been Good". Here's the lyrics:

Lately I've been looking back, along this winding road
To the old familiar markers of the mercies I have known
I know it may sound simple but it's more than a cliche
There's no better way to tell you, than to say

Chorus

God's been good in my life
I feel blessed beyond my wildest dreams when I go to sleep each night
And though I've had my share of hard times, I wouldn't change them if I could
'Cause through it all, God's been good

Verse 2

Times replay and I can see that I've cried some bitter tears
But I felt His arms around me, as I faced my greatest fears
You see I've had my gains than losses and I've known more joy than hurt
As His grace rolled down upon me undeserved (chorus)

Bridge

For God has been my Father, my Savior and my Friend
His love was my beginning, and His love will be my end
I could spend forever trying to tell you everything He is
But the best that I can say it is this...God's been good in my life! (Chorus)

Here's the song:



i also want to thank everyone who greeted me on my facebook , friendster and sent me sms .Thank you so much. You don't know how your greetings made me happy.


Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails