Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jesus Asked, "What Do You Want Me To Do For You?"



Text: Luke 18:41-43 (New International Version) Jesus asked the blind man : "What do you want me to do for you?" "Lord, I want to see," he replied. Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.


THOUGHTS:

Are you suffering from pain? ..from sickness? Do you believe that Jesus can do something for you? Do you believe that Jesus can heal you today?


Hebrews 13:8 says, "Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever."

If Jesus healed yesterday,he can do it today and forever.Let me share some verses here that talk Jesus as the healer.

Psalm 30:2  O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me.

Psalm 103:3  Who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,

Psalm 107:20 He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave.

Psalm 147:3  He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Isaiah 38:16  Lord, by such things men live; and my spirit finds life in them too. You restored me to health and let me live.

Isaiah 53:5  But he was pierced for our transgressions, he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed.

Jeremiah 17:14 Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed; save me and I will be saved, for you are the one I praise.

Matthew 4:24 News about him spread all over Syria, and people brought to him all who were ill with various diseases, those suffering severe pain, the demon-possessed, those having seizures, and the paralyzed, and he healed them.

Matthew 8:7 Jesus said to him, "I will go and heal him."

Matthew 8:16 When evening came, many who were demon-possessed were brought to him, and he drove out the spirits with a word and healed all the sick.

Matthew 9:22 Jesus turned and saw her. "Take heart, daughter," he said, "your faith has healed you." And the woman was healed from that moment.

Matthew 21:14 The blind and the lame came to him at the temple, and he healed them.

1 Peter 2:24 He himself bore our sins in his body on the tree, so that we might die to sins and live for righteousness; by his wounds you have been healed.

There are still many verses in the Bible that talk about Jesus as the healer and i encourage you to read them so that your faith will increase.


MY PERSONAL TESTIMONY
 
A few years ago, I was exposed to a very cold temperature everyday (the air conditioning in our office was extremely cold).
 
One night, I visited my sister and her family and since their room was also airconditioned , it was another cold temperature exposure.

When i took a bath the following morning, the water temperature was so cold and when i went to the office that morning, guess what...it was again, cold temperature exposure.
 
During our break time, after lunch, when i was brushing my teeth and gargling, i've noticed that my mouth was no longer functioning properly.I couldn't control my mouth anymore.It was hard. I also noticed that my left eye seemed paralyzed. When i went to the doctor, I was diagnosed to have bell's palsy.
 
Bell's palsy is defined as an idiopathic unilateral facial nerve paralysis, usually self-limiting. The trademark is rapid onset of partial or complete palsy, usually in a single day. It can occur bilaterally resulting in total facial paralysis in around 1% of cases.

It is thought that an inflammatory condition leads to swelling of the facial nerve. The nerve travels through the skull in a narrow bone canal beneath the ear. Nerve swelling and compression in the narrow bone canal are thought to lead to nerve inhibition, damage or death. My doctor said that the cause of the bell's palsy i've experienced was because of my exposure to extreme cold temperature.

The day after that, i've noticed that half of my face was already paralyzed and my right lip was already higher than the left.I couldn't close my left eye. It was hard. The nerve ending of my left ear was also affected that it became so sensitive to any noise.
 
The doctor said it could be cured in six months or not anymore. I was a little bit depressed that time. I thought that it was the end of my dreams to speak well but i still hold on to God's promises that he can heal me.
 
I still believed that God wasn't finished with me yet...that i still have missions to accomplish without suffering from bell's palsy the rest of my life.
 
I asked Jesus for my healing. I said , "If you healed the leprous, i know you can heal me too...and my healing will not prolong..i will be healed in 3 weeks or less even if the doctor said i could be healed in 6 months or not anymore."
 
God indeed is faithful. He healed me in 3 weeks after the diagnosis. Jesus even used a healing crusade to give me a complete healing. That time, i heard the evangelist said ,"someone who is suffering from palsy is being healed right now." I know it was me.I know God remembered me that night...and i was totally healed. My ear's nerves were healed. My speech was restored. My face was restored to normal.  If you would look at me after my healing until now, you wouldn't tell that i had bell's palsy. I was healed . God healed me.
 
Are you sick? are you suffering from pain, paralysis, sickness? Are you in hopeless case?
 
Have hope in God...have faith in his promises. If Jesus healed me from bell's palsy, he can heal you too. Just come to Jesus....he can heal you.
 
Again, i want to go back to that text....
 
Luke 18:41-43 (New International Version) Jesus asked the blind man : "What do you want me to do for you?" "Lord, I want to see," he replied. Jesus said to him, "Receive your sight; your faith has healed you." Immediately he received his sight and followed Jesus, praising God. When all the people saw it, they also praised God.

What do you want Jesus to do for you? You want healing? Jesus can heal you. Just reach out to Him right now and believe that he can do it.


Copyright © 2010 by Mari Ann Rose "Mariah" F. Gadapan . All rights reserved worldwide.


Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

  1. buti magaling ka na..thank you Jesus, the real Healer whether it be physical, emotional or spiritual..

    ReplyDelete
  2. JESUS is the sweetest name of all...a GREAT HEALER...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails